Index du Forum

Passionnés de Chrysler 160 160GT 180 et 2Litres Ce forum est fait pour vous et venez parler de votre Chrysler en toute liberté!!

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

My Chrysler 1979 2l

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> PRESENTATIONS -> Présentations de vos Chrysler
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
markaberdeen

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Juil - 22:14 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Hello everyone. Je suis desole mon francais est tres tres mauvais. Here is a small video I made of my 2l. It has been sitting in a garage for 20 years. The climate is a bit damp up here in Scotland on the coast so the engine looks very rusty. Any feedback or suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Juil - 22:14 (2015)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
THOMSLER
MASTER Chrysler-passion
MASTER Chrysler-passion

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Juil - 22:49 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Thank you Mark for your video,
I watched your video, there is the surface rust, just the right front spar
would be redone.
After brake calipers are rusted Verily, I think they are blocked.
When the engine, remains whether hand he turns would require a socket 32
and a ratchet wrench to check it.
There is a lot of rust spot, but by sanding it should go. Bodybuilder
should estimate the price of the repair. What bothers me most is the spar, and the bottom of the front wing not give me a good omen ...

When the roof, and the state of vinyl that looks pretty clean, it remains whether window seals around the front and rear is blistered?

Normally the roof not withstand corrosion on these cars and then your really in clean air and you say "OK roof!"
The front under headlights is in good condition when normally it
not resistant to corrosion. But your car has very little running because the inside is superb!
This is an automatic that I saw?

Otherwise there is paint and bodywork above the frame out to inspect.

Nous trompons notre monde ! N'est-ce pas Louis?
Bienvenue {USERNAME}

Pentastar
MASTER Chrysler-passion
MASTER Chrysler-passion

MessagePosté le: Lun 27 Juil - 22:59 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Hello markaberdeen, and welcome !

I just saw your video : beautiful car ! I like white Chrysler with brown interior.
What a pity ! a rust in the body : lot of work or money to repare it !
How many milles has this Chrysler ? 13000 ?

Bye
Stef

Visiter le site web du posteur
markaberdeen

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Juil - 12:22 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Thanks for the replies. I am going over today to the garage later on to check whether I can turn the engine by hand like you suggested Thomsler. There is an inspection pit in the garage so once I get the brakes unseized and the car rolling I can get a proper look at the underneath - the spar and sills etc.. My friend is a welder and he agreed to do any structural work. A guy I know who runs a bodyshop is coming in a week or so to look over the car and give me a price for a respray - but the preparation beforehand will probably cost a fortune or take forever :( or both Razz . Like you say it is a lot of work and/or money so i will have to make a decision. My heart says keep the car - because it was my fathers - and get it nice but my wallet is looking at me like I am an idiot :roll: . Anyway to answer your questions it has a manual gearbox and has done 18000 miles. My father drove it for a few years - he bought it when it had done about 6000 miles in around 1980. He became a taxidriver soon after and got another car for that so the Chrysler just sat in the spare garage at his place. He put it back on the road in 94 for 1 year. Ok I am going over there now - my mother has a few jobs lined up for me to do as well which should take all day Shocked

Mark Okay

THOMSLER
MASTER Chrysler-passion
MASTER Chrysler-passion

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Juil - 14:01 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Hello Mark
It is on that work are expensive bodywork. But for Chrysler that has rust at this stage, I think your still largely save. Must look at the jack lifting support for 4 points of the rocker, and spar under the battery tray.
Your friend welder and the bodybuilder will be able to make a good estimate after the repair can go fast as take time, depending the state of the car.
Then a small full paint.
I had a Chrysler 2litres 1977 and corrosion due to moisture, it was downright tattered wings down, the sheet metal roof was rotten, and Mesh Baskets where enjoiveurs vinyl roof was taken off and blistered.
The estimated bodybuilder and sharpened his eye if he is honest will tell you what to do on your car.
Experts expect the return!  Wink

Thomsler

Bienvenue {USERNAME}

markaberdeen

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Juil - 16:50 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Thanks Thomsler. I just typed a long message out but for some reason never posted it properly  :cry: So I'll start again and try to make it shorter Mr. Green .I could not get enough access to the crank to try and turn it with my socket and wrench so I think I might have to remove the radiator first. I thought of trying to connect a battery and turn the engine that way but that might be bad for the starter motor? Not sure. I also want to get the car moving to get access to the inspection pit underneath so will remove the wheels and try to free the brakes. However the passenger side is against the wall so I can get access to the wheels on that side :roll: Maybe tow the car?
So...?
1. Remove radiator? to try to turn crank to at least see if engine isn't seized
2. Try to release brakes and get car moving
3. Get under car into pit to inspect where needs welded - jacking points spars etc
4. Drain petrol tank. Change oil and fluids
4 Connect battery to try to start car

Anyway I am going across the city to the car now. I am going to clear all the junk out of the garage today and take what little tools I have over Okay

Mark 

THOMSLER
MASTER Chrysler-passion
MASTER Chrysler-passion

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Juil - 18:04 (2015)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l Répondre en citant

Hello Mark,
If the vacuum is not sufficient to pass the key and the sleeve between your radiator and engine block, then yes disassemble radiator. Caution still the 4 rubber supports radiator certainly liable to break. If this is the case, drain your system by opening the small valve in the bottom of the radiator to drain in a large bowl if no rust water flowing. This is normal if it flows orange. After you remove the clamps that hold the hoses to the radiator hoses démanchez and you risk being stuck.
Do not attempt to start the car with another battery, if there humdité the ad in the harness of the car, saw a short juice may or grill a équipement.Quand you go out enjoy the beautiful days leaving the car Outside the open doors and hoods, it will dry a peu.Est do before your garage is the street? Is there a small slope?
I ask this because I found a solution to get out without having to unlock the rear brakes but just those in the front.
Let me know and congratulate you on your investment in saving your Chrysler
see you soon

Thomsler  Okay

Bienvenue {USERNAME}

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 20:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: My Chrysler 1979 2l

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> PRESENTATIONS -> Présentations de vos Chrysler Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation